The IBCP provides students with the opportunity to further their academic studies whilst becoming proficient in their chosen vocational area and industry standard skills. Students will study:
- The IBCP core which provides the opportunity for students to use their existing skills and knowledge in real-life situations that will be linked to their vocational studies. The will dedicate approximately 50 hours’ time to the programme.
- One career-related (vocational) subject from: Music Technology, Sport, Health and Social Care, Performing Arts and Engineering
- Two or three International Baccalaureate Diploma Certificates from the groups below:
|Group 3||Group 4||Group 6|
|Business||Environmental Science||Film Studies|
|Psychology||Design Technology||Visual Arts|
- Study either French, German or Spanish. Whilst a study of a language is a compulsory element of the IBCP, it is not a requirement to take a final exam in the subject.
- Approaches to learning focuses on transferrable skills and skills for the workplace. A minimum of 80 hours will be devoted to this.
- Reflective Project. This could be an essay, a website, a short film, play or storyboard that focuses on an ethical dimension of an issue arising from the vocational studies subject.