Teaching vacancies – we are currently recruiting for a number of teaching and leadership posts for September and we have a partnership with Hays who handle these vacancies. Please click on the following link for further information www.hays.co.uk/jobs/rsa-academy
MPS / UPS equivalent (enhanced payscale) plus RSA Allowance £4553 (although can be negotiated for an exceptional candidate)
September 2017 or sooner
RSA Academy is a highly regarded and desirable 11-18 community school and were judged by OFSTED as a ‘GOOD’ school in June 2016. OFSTED said:
- Teaching is good because teachers have been trained effectively and supported by leaders.
- Pupils have good attitudes to learning and they are keen to work hard and try their best.
- Behaviour is good. Pupils are respectful, polite and well-mannered.
- The principal, skilfully supported by senior leaders, has created a culture and ethos where staff have high expectations of themselves and their pupils.
- Subject leaders are trained successfully to lead their areas. They check teaching and pupils’ progress effectively so that any pupils who are falling behind are quickly helped to catch up.
We are looking to appoint an inspirational and highly motivated Assistant Curriculum Lead in Science with a real passion and determination to make a significant difference to our students’ lives.
Science is of central importance to our progress as a school and is taught in state of the art facilities. We are therefore seeking an outstanding teacher with a track record of enabling high achievement, with experience in coaching and supporting others in success. You will be passionate about the teaching of Science and driven to share high quality and innovative practice in the classroom. Our mission is ‘transforming learning, transforming lives’ and through supporting the development of outstanding practice your role will play a major part in fulfilling this. Through robust and systematic evaluation of current practice you will significantly contribute by taking the lead in the development of the quality of teaching and learning within the Science department.
The experience and ability to teach outstanding KS3, Triple, Additional and Core Science would be ideal. For the right candidate, there may also be the opportunity to teach the International Baccalaureate (IB).
The successful applicant will be joining a highly supportive, collaborative and passionate Science team, within which will be opportunities to develop their own leadership.
|You will have:
· High aspirations for achievement and personal development of students
· Excellent subject knowledge
· Knowledge of a wide range of pedagogic approaches to ensure all students are encouraged and make progress
· Strategies for promoting good relationships and effective behaviour
· Experience of designing and developing resources to support learning
· Highly effective communication skills, oral and written, plus confidence to present to groups of staff and students
· Capacity to form positive learning-centred relationships with our professionals at different stages in their careers
|We can offer:
· Professional hard working team
· Opportunities for Post 16 teaching
· State of the art facilities
· CPD to support you to the next level of your career
· Opportunity to become an RSA Fellow and work across the RSA Family of Academies
· Work –life balance initiatives at discounted rates for staff including laundry services, car valeting & mechanics, slim well programme, gym membership
· ‘Paycare’ an employee paid healthcare scheme
· Childcare voucher scheme
· 8 planning and training days per year
· Employee Assistance Programme
If you are interested in applying, please contact Jo Dallah, HR Assistant at Dallah.email@example.com for an application pack
Closing date: 2nd May 2017
The RSA Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure, 2 work references and other employment checks
RSA Academy, Bilston Road, Tipton, West Midlands, DY4 0BZ