Example PE Kit
Uniform & Standards Letter
RSA Academy Uniform
Information for Parents YEARS 7-11
Students in Years 7-11 are expected to wear the Academy uniform which is in keeping with the smart, professional image we want all our Academy community to portray. Uniform can be purchased from:
|Clive Marks Quasar Shopping CentrePark StreetWalsallWS1 1LYTel 0192 262 2556||Oaks Ltd 174/180 Vicarage RoadOldburyB68 8JBTel 0121 552 1684||Shoebiz 127 High StreetPrinces EndTiptonDY4 9JETel 0121 520 3120||Gogna Schoolwear & Sports Ltd 67/69 Rookery RoadHandsworthBirminghamTel 0121 523 5572|
Uniform should at all times be neat, clean and smart – only the items listed below are allowable:
The following points of clarification should be noted:
- Students are allowed to wear a maximum of one pair of small, plain stud earrings in the lobe of the ears and a wrist watch.
- No make-up or facial piercings of any description.
- No Nail polish or false nails
- Clothing should be clean, tidy and neat – all shirts must be tucked in and top buttons fastened.
- Sandals, of any type and backless shoes are not to be worn.
- Items other than those listed in the uniform list are not to be worn.
- Hair should be neat, tidy and safe with no extremes of fashion – tramlines and/or patterns are not allowed. Where hair is coloured, it should be natural shades only.
- School bags should be either the Academy bag or, should a larger one be required, it must be plain with no obvious logos or markings.
- Baseball caps should not be worn on the Academy site.
Years 12 – 13
To reflect the level of maturity expected of students, Years 12 & 13 are permitted to wear their own smart business dress in line with the staff dress code.
- A sensible shirt and tie with tailored trousers and plain black shoes.
- Smart tailored clothes (blouse, skirt or trousers) suitable for an office environment.
- Denim of any sort is not allowed and shoes must be plain black.
- Vests, strappy or backless tops are not permitted.
- Skirts must be knee length.
- Jewellery must be small and kept to a minimum.
- Leggings or knee length trousers are not permitted.
- Shoes must meet Health and Safety regulations and therefore should not be open-toed.
- Excess/unacceptable jewellery (hoops, nose studs, spacers etc) will be confiscated by staff, placed in an envelope with the name and form of the student and handed into the Success Centre at the earliest opportunity.
- Students are able collect their jewellery at the end of each week or their parents may collect it for them at the end of the day.
I just wanted to say that the new rule for wearing shoes and having shirts tucked in is brilliant. The boys looked so smart walking to school yesterday. It’s really made a difference. I think you carry yourself better in shoes and feel and look smarter. I always email I have a gripe so I thought I’d email to give a thumbs up!! My son Dylan is also happy with the change. In addition, the ban on mobile phones is also great.